- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
12 ‘militants’ killed in Wana air strikes
The fighter jets pounded hideouts of militants and destroyed their dens. Security sources said six militants were also injured in the air strikes.
The army began a major campaign against Taliban and other militant strongholds in the North Waziristan tribal area in June last year.
Authorities have since vowed to intensify operations, using air strikes, artillery and mortars to take back territory both in the border regions and other parts of the country.