- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
14 militants killed in North Waziristan air strikes
The attack took place in Alwara area of North Waziristan tribal region, where the army has been waging a major offensive to clear militant hideouts since June last year.
Those killed in the strikes included some important commanders, the ISPR said in a statement.
DG ISPR Major General Asim Salim Bajwa said action against terrorists in Khyber Agency had been concluded.
He also said the first phase of operation in Shawal has also been completed.
The Pakistan army began a major campaign in North Waziristan in June last year and authorities have now vowed to intensify operations both in the border regions and across the country.
The military says more than 2,800 militants have been killed since the launch of the offensive.