- Various world leaders including Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemned the barbaric attack on the Army Public School.
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) postponed their countrywide shutdown call and declared Peshawar attack a “failure of all”.
- Taliban’s spokesman Muhammad Umar Khorasani said that they took a revenge of Army operation by targeting their families.
- PM Nawaz Sharif and Army Chief General Raheel Sharif rushed to Peshawar to show their support to the victims.
- Prime Minister called All Parties Conference in Peshawar to discuss military operation ‘Zarb-e-Azb’ and law and order conditions in country.
- COAS General Raheel Sharif visited the hospital to meet injured school children.
- All the political parties of Pakistan came together in APC to fight against terrorism.
- Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif lifted the ban on death sentence in Pakistan.
- Army Chief went to Afghanistan to meet Afghan President Ashraf Ghani. Army chief asked for his help to arrest Taliban chief Mullah Fazlullah who was hiding in there.
- Government rejected mercy plea of 17 prisoners who were in the death row.
- COAS General Raheel Sharif signed death warrants of six hardcore militants who were involved in heinous crimes. the convicts included the mastermind of GHQ attack Dr.Usman.
- PTI Chairman called off its marathon sit-in in Islamabad after 126 days in order to show unity with government after Peshawar school massacre.
- After the heinous attack PM announced to form National Action Plan to devise a new anti-terrorism plan.
- Army Chief and Prime Minister along with their top level officials planned the strategy to counter terrorism.
- Security forces accelerated their operations in tribal area by killing 32 militants at Tirah Valley in North Waziristan.
- PM Nawaz Sharif visited the injured students of Peshawar attack in the hospital.
- Turkish students organized a candle light vigil gathering in the support of departed souls.
- First execution was reported, Arshad Mehmood the man who was convicted on the charges of attacking former president Pervez Musharraf along with the mastermind of GHQ General Headquarters attack Dr. Usman were hanged to death at district jail in Faisalabad.
- Four more militants who were convicted for their role in attacking former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf were hanged till death in the second set of executions at Faisalabad jail.
- Candle light vigil was organized in Hong Kong to show solidarity to victims of Peshawar attack.
- Afghan security forces launched an operation in its Kunar province which shares border with Pakistan, against the Taliban who carried out Peshawar massacre.
- Law enforcement agencies intensified their crackdown on criminals and arrested dozens of suspects from twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
- Chief Justice of Pakistan Nasir-ul-Mulk directed Anti-Terrorism Court judges to hear terrorism cases on daily basis.
- MQM chief Altaf Hussain criticized the National Action Plan Committee’s decision to establish military courts.
- PM Nawaz Sharif addressed the nation through his televised speech. PM announced 20 points anti-terrorism plan and also announced the establishment of military courts for speedy trial of terrorists.
- Chief of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Molana Fazal-ur-Rehman opposed the establishment of military courts.
- Army Chief ordered his intelligence officials for speedy implementation of anti-terrorism plan.
- British Boxer with Pakistani roots Aamir Khan visited Peshawar School and donated $ 45000 for the reconstruction of school.
- Senior Pakistani cricketer Younis Khan visited the survivors of Peshawar attack. The batsman also delivered players’ kits and a financial donation from the New Zealand cricket team to the children.
- Parliamentary parties agreed to introduce constitutional amendment for the formation of military courts.
- Two convicts belonging to the banned Sipah-e-Sahaba Sunni sectarian group, were also hanged till death at the New Central Jail Multan .
- Army Chief visited Corps Headquarters Peshawar and also met the heirs of the Peshawar attack victims along with his wife.
- Army Chief visited the Army Public School and welcomed the students when the school re-opened after an extended winter break.
- Afghan forces arrested five suspects of Peshawar carnage in Afghanistan.
- Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan briefed the Prime Minister in detail about the progress of National Action Plan on counter terrorism in Islamabad.
- PTI Chairman Imran Khan witnessed “Go Imran Go’ slogans and faced mass protest by the parents of martyred children during his visit to Army Public School.