1. Can lower stress: This winter delight has a major amount of potassium which helps in lowering the stress hormone cortisol in our body. A study says that it has the capacity to reduce impact of everyday stress. These nuts are also helpful in balancing high cholesterol and normal blood pressure.
2. Packed with Nutrients: Pistachios have high nutritional values as they are rich in protein, magnesium, thiamine, fiber and phosphorus. Not only these they are also good sources of Vitamin B6, copper and manganese that’s why eating a handful of pistachio is no less than a nutritional punch.
3. Reduces risk of cancer and prevents Diabetes: Pistachio has the phytosterols which is a plant compounds that decreases levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and antioxidants like carotenoids beta-carotene and lutein, present in pistachio helps in lowering the risk of cancer. It also helps in preventing diabetes since the phosphorus in pistachio improves glucose tolerance in the body. One cup of pistachio has enough amount of phosphorus that prevents Type-2 diabetes.
4. Makes the skin glow: These cracky nuts are a good source of Vitamin E that is an effective antioxidant for our skin. Vitamin E can do wonders to your skin it helps in protecting our skin cells from different damages and also prevents premature aging.
5. Boosts Hemoglobin and good for eyesight: Having pistachio can keep the blood cells healthier as it is full of Vitamin B6 that is the key ingredient in making hemoglobin. There are two carotenoids found in pistachio lutein and zeaxanthin which are not found in any other nuts. These carotenoids help in decreasing the risk of visual diseases.