1. Lowers the risk of cancer: Oranges help you fight against cancer as the vegetables and fruits rich in Vitamin C lower the risk of cancer. The citrus limonids in oranges are a proven source of fighting various types of cancer like skin, lung, breast and stomach cancer. Oranges are packed with vitamin C and they are also a good source of potassium that is good for overall health.
2. Lowers cholesterol: The properties of pectin a soluble mineral present in ripe fruits helps in lowering cholesterol. Oranges are rich in pectin and they control the cholesterol level since they are full of soluble fiber.
3. Fights against viral and cold: Oranges are rich in vitamin C that cures the common cold, it is a tested formula that the vitamin C is used by athletes to prevent cold. A study also shows that oranges contain a great quantity of polyphenols that protect us against viral infections. So eat oranges in winters to avoid the seasonal viral.
4. Helps in weight loss: Fiber in the white layers of an orange has the power to suppress hunger for at least four hours after the consumption. A study proves that those who eat fruits like oranges eat less in comparison with those who eat junk food.
5. Reduces risk of kidney disease: Orange juice boosts the level of citrate which is necessary to avoid the formation of kidney stones. Drinking orange juice on regular basis in an appropriate amount helps in preventing many kidney diseases.
6. Protects Skin: Oranges are a great source of beta-carotene a powerful antioxidant that protects the cells from being damaged. Oranges protect the skin from free radicals and also prevents the sign of aging. You can even use the orange peel on your face too as it is very good for skin and it gives you a natural glow.