1. To eat less, eat more: Try to eat things that have large amount of carbohydrates as things with small amount of carbs leave you hungry and spike your blood sugar. Don’t go for snacks that are full of calories and have small amount of carbs go instead for a protein such as peanut butter with apple. They are higher in calories per serving, but the protein and fat helps you get full faster and stay full longer that helps in eating less according to the health experts.
2. Don’t take energy drinks when you’re tired: The short boost energy drinks give comes with many unpleasant side effects like it increases the heartbeat, nervousness and irritation. The energy drinks that you take as an energy booster contain an amount of caffeine that is five times more than coffee and they contain 50 gram of sugar per can that is equal to 13 teaspoons. So don’t take energy drinks to boost energy as it leaves you sluggish and foggy headed after spiking your blood sugar for some time.
3. Drink water when you’re bloated: Most of the people think that drinking water at the time when you feel blown up can only worsen the condition but not really, water can actually help in that matter according to health experts. Bloating is caused by many reasons and most common are dehydration and when you are on high-fiber diet. In both the cases body needs water as on high-fiber diet water gets mixed with water soluble fiber and makes it gel like substance that reduces bloating. Whereas drinking more water relieve bloating caused by dehydration.
4. For healthy teeth, don’t brush immediately after the meal: We have heard to do brushing after eating something to get the tooth cleaned but health experts recommend not to brush immediately after eating a meal or drink especially after taking drinks. Usually the food we take in meals and drinks are acidic foods like citrus fruit, soda, juices, tomatoes and other spices. So if we brush at this stage it can speed up the acid’s effect on our enamel, it can soften the tooth enamel and erode the layer underneath. It proves that the idea of brushing immediately after eating is a bad one.
5. Drink a hot beverage to cool off: Hot beverages like coffee and tea can actually give you cool start on a steamy summer morning. Taking tea in the morning is a norm in many countries especially in Asian subcontinent it is actually good to cool off yourself as the body senses the change in temperature and increases your sweat production soon after you take the first sip of any hot beverage. So, it’s a natural phenomenon as when the sweat evaporates from your skin, you cool off naturally.
6. Handwrite notes to boost your brainpower: You would have heard a lot from your teachers or parents to write after learning something as it helps in memorizing the material you have learnt. Well that’s a fact according to a study from Indian University you are likely to remember the material that you jot down by writing them. Writing the notes boost your brainpower as it enables you to read the lecture again while writing, it also gives you new understanding of the topic.