- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
‘60,420 arrests made under National Action Plan’
In a statement, he said 3,019 intelligence based operations have also been carried out.
The spokesperson said that 97.9 million SIMs have been verified through biometric process while 5.1 million have been blocked.
He said as a result of operation in Karachi there has been 44 percent reduction in target killings, 37 percent in murders, 46 percent in terrorism and 23 percent in thefts.
The implementation report on the National Action Plan against terrorism will be presented in the Supreme Court next week, he added.
“NAP is a national agenda and not the responsibility of a single department or ministry.”
The spokesperson said as a result of the NAP terrorist activities in the country have been decreased to a great deal and it has also been acknowledged by the international organizations.
He said the operation Zarb-e-Azb has broken the backbone of the terrorists while the crime rate has also been reduced significantly.