- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Academia to ministry: Who is Punjab’s Finance Minister Dr Ayesha Ghaus?
Let’s take a glimpse on profile of Dr. Pasha.
Dr. Ghaus-Pasha is a wife of former finance minister Dr. Hafeez Pasha. She has 23 years of experience in teaching, undertaking research and consulting assignments in social policy and development, governance, public finance and urban and regional economics and in advocacy work on social and economic issues.
She has a Ph.D. from the University of Leeds, United Kingdom. She has served as the Deputy/Acting Managing Director of the Social Policy and Development Centre, Karachi, Pakistan, a non-governmental think tank.
Dr. Ghaus has been a member of several task forces, committees and commissions on public finance, social sectors, poverty alleviation and institutional reforms constituted by Governments in Pakistan.
She has represented NGO’s on the management boards of a number of important organizations like the Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund. She has undertaken consulting assignments for a number of international multilateral and bilateral agencies like UNICEF, UNDP, The World Bank, The Asian Development Bank, Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
She has published over 75 books, journal articles and reports.