- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Ahmed Chinoy resigns as CPLC chief
According to sources, Mr. Chinoy has sent his resignation to the Governor Sindh Dr. Ishratul Ibad.
The new CPLC chief will be appointed within a period of one week.
Related read: Rangers raid CPLC chief’s home in Karachi
On January 27 this year, Rangers personnel had raided the residence of Mr. Chinoy for suspicion of his contacts with criminal elements. It was reported that Rs 1.5 million were also recovered from Chinoy’s house, which was believed to be ransom amount.
However, the CPLC chief had also denied the claim.