- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Alizeh Haider resigns as PPP MNA
The MNA didn’t cite any reason at the time of resignation. When contacted by Arynews.tv, Ms Haider said she had resigned from the National Assembly for personal reasons.
Ms Haider, who was elected on a reserved seat for women, is currently a spokesperson for PPP chairperson Bilawal Bhutto Zardari. She is an outspoken advocate for human rights and in the past was a contributor to the Op-Ed pages of The Express Tribune.
She is the daughter of late PPP leader Syed Iqbal Haider, a former federal law minister. Mr. Haider was also co-chairperson of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP).