- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Altaf demands referendum over Rangers operation in Karachi
In a statement, MQM chief asked why shouldn’t be public opinion ascertained on paramilitary operation against criminals in the metropolis.
He added that no public mandate is behind Rangers operation, therefore a referendum should be held.
The MQM chief also called for formation of a committee comprising judges to monitor Rangers actions.
It may be noted here that MQM chief had asked the SIndh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah yesterday to pass a bill in the Sindh Assembly to keep Rangers in the province.