- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Peace between Afghan Government, Taliban only way to achieve lasting peace: COAS
During the meeting participants dwelt at length on internal and external security situation in the country and reviewed progress of operation Zarb-e-Azb and ongoing Intelligence Based Operations (IBOs). COAS Expressed complete satisfaction over noticeable change in the overall security situation of the country.
The forum reviewed the state of readiness and vigil being maintained by troops along LOC. COAS said, “We are fully prepared to respond to entire spectrum of threat. “
Referring to ongoing peace talks between Afghan Government and Afghan Taliban, COAS said, it is the only credible way to achieve lasting peace. Detractors and Spoilers are against peace and prosperity of Afghanistan and the region.