- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Army chief vows to overcome challenges facing Pakistan
Gen Sharif made these remarks during his address at Naval War College Lahore today. The army chief’s address was focused on prevailing geo-strategic environment, security challenges and opportunities for Pakistan.
COAS said “with first hand war experience, operational employment, and state of combat readiness, our armed forces are fully capable and prepared to respond to the entire spectrum of threat”.
The army chief particularly appreciated the close coordination between the three services and acknowledged the support of the entire nation in achieving successes during Operation ZarbeAzb. “Together, we will uproot this menace and overcome all challenges facing Pakistan, InshAllah,” he added.
He said Pakistan Navy had a proud history of valour and sacrifices. As a fully vibrant and formidable force Pakistan Navy has always come upto the expectations of the Nation in defending the maritime frontiers of Pakistan.