- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Army Chief vows to break nexus between drug dealers and terrorists
DG ANF gave detailed briefing on counter drug smuggling operation to the COAS.
The Army Chief said drug producers, peddlers were as detrimental to national security as terrorist. He was of the view that drug money used for promotion of terrorism needs to be dealt with iron hand.
He appreciated ANF’s endeavors on record seizures in 2014 & 2015 which helped in curbing the menace domestically and internationally
He vowed that, “We will break nexus between drug dealers, financiers & perpetrators of terrorism.”
We will not allow these drug barons to spoil our future generations, said the Army Chief.
General Sharif also paid the tribute to ANF shuhada (martyrs).