- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Arrested MQM workers will be presented in court: Rangers
Rangers spokesman in a statement maintained that none would be allowed to extort money from the people of Karachi in the name of Zakat, Fitra collection adding that arranging a press conference in the favor of such criminals is tantamount to supporting them.
Rangers spokesman maintained that a total of 31 thousand rupees and Zakat, Fitra receipts were recovered from the arrested MQM workers adding that the arrestees will be presented in court and whoever will be found innocent shall be released.
The statement further said that people of Karachi are wary of such elements of who collect extortion in the name of Zakat and Fitra.
Rangers spokesman advised the citizens to call Rangers Helpline 1101 in case of such an incident.
Earliers, Rangers personnel arrested sixteen MQM workers within the precincts of Rizvia Police Station claiming that they were extorting money from people by in the name of Zakat and Fitra.