- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Bailed but still in jail: Ayyan to spend another night behind bars
The banking court staff could not receive release orders of the supermodel until noon and the staff left after working hours.
The two-member bench of Lahore High Court on Tuesday issued release orders of the supermodel.
Ayyan Ali had been arrested in March over charges of attempting to smuggle more than $500,000 as she was about to board a Dubai-bound flight from Benazir International Airport.
Ayyan’s attorney Sardar Latif Khosa argued that no evidence existed against Ayyan Ali. However, the prosecuting Custom attorney argued that clear evidence existed against Ayyan, since there was a restriction on carrying an excess of $10,000 outside Pakistan. Ayyan, on the other hand, was reprimanded with $500,000.
In response to these allegations, Latif Khosa stated that Ayyan had not obtained a boarding pass, hence these charges could not be proven true. After hearing both sides of the argument, the court granted bail to Ayyan Ali.