- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Court issues arrest warrants for actress Meera
Meera’s husband Ateequr Rehman had filed a case before judicial magistrate, contending that his wife had unlawfully entered another marital contract after signing one with him.
Subsequently, the magistrate had ordered Meera to appear before the court, but she did not turn up.
The court then issued arrest warrants for the actress, who failed comply with the court orders.
Last year, a sessions court in March issued an arrest warrant for Meera for her failure to appear in court despite repeated summons issued over a plea seeking registration of a criminal case on charges of filming a ‘controversial video clip’ and uploading it on social media.
Meera had denied the video’s authenticity and had called it as an attempt to undermine her credibility.