Pakistan

Culprits of ARY office attack will be brought to justice, minister tells NA

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information Pervaiz Rashid said investigation into the ARY office attack is underway and the culprits will be brought to justice.

The minister was speaking on a point of order in the National Assembly today.

He said the government had made security arrangements for all the media houses. He said a meeting has been convened to review the security arrangements of the media houses.

Terrorists linked with Daesh Afghanistan Wednesday attacked ARY News Islamabad bureau office with grenade and fired gunshots injuring a non-linear editor.

Unidentified assailants riding a motorbike lobbed a hand grenade on ARY News office and fired several shots. Security guards present at the office entrance retaliated swiftly forcing the attackers to flee away dropping pamphlets.

Meanwhile, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Shaikh Aftab Ahmad told the National Assembly that the government has increased security at airports and enhanced the capability of Airport Security Force (ASF) personnel to prevent any terrorist attack.

Speaking during the question hour in the NA, he informed the House that ASF has acquired modern aviation security gadgets and screening equipment with the cooperation of Government of Japan and Bahrain for increasing security of airports.

Shaikh Aftab said an Integrated Security System has been installed at Lahore Airport which would be extended to other airports.

The Minister said modern arms and vehicles have been procured to enhance security cover to the airports.

Minister for Climate Change Zahid Hamid while answering a question said that no international appeal for donation was made by the government after last year’s earthquake.

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top