- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Islamic State threatens attacks in India
- Expatriates cannot leave UAE without paying traffic fine
- London mayor Sadiq Khan invites trump to meet his family
- North, South Korea reach agreement to halt tensions
- Islamic State attacks kill 51 Syrian soldiers in north: monitor
You must listen to Dalai Lama’s views on Islam and terrorism
He remarked that since the tragedy of September 11th he has made a point of defending the Muslim community.
“All major world religious traditions carry the same message.The message of love, compassion, forgiveness, tolerance, self discipline─ all religious traditions,” said the highest authority in Tibetan Buddhism.
The Dalai Lama claimed that on this common ground, common practice, one can build genuine harmony on the basis of mutual respect, mutual learning and mutual admiration.
He repeated his belief that it’s wrong to blame a whole community for the mischief of a few.
About Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar
When a questioner asked about the persecution of the Rohingya Muslim community in Myanmar.
His Holiness responded that when he first heard about it he appealed to Burmese Buddhists to imagine the face of the Buddha with the understanding that if he were there he would protect the Rohingyas.