- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Diatribe against army an inappropriate move: PM on Zardari speech
In a statement, PM Sharif said armed forces were backed by the entire nation.
“At such a moment, it’s inappropriate to criticize the Pakistan Army.” He said national unity was vital at the critical juncture.
He stated that army was playing its important role in implementing National Action Plan on counter terrorism.
Cohesion between political leadership and army will strengthen democracy, said the PM.