Dum Laga Ke Haisha: The 'Nostalgic' touch mixed with quality cinema
As ARY News promised, we have come back with revelations and trends regarding ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’ while the movie is still ruling Indian box office.
6. The overall direction of the movie especially the filming of songs takes you back to 90s and this time not to mimic the golden era of romantic movies with appropriate colourful sarees, dance sequences, flying dupattas in the air, the chorus and physical appearance of natural events as if Kumar Sanu’s voice was not enough.
Next time you watch Dard Karaara song, notice the rain coming over the lyrics ‘Barsaat ki Dhaara’.
7. The era of cassettes, when one will go to the music shop for those soothing songs to be recorded on the cassette and had to wait for about two days to get the cassette with our favourite songs back. Listening to them, we all had dreams of ‘Juhi Chawla’ like Prem (Khurana ) in the movie.
8. The cultural and family bonds, those bonds were as lovely as we used to hate them. The essential marriage customs, the family gathering and dancing over Udit Narayn, Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik’s voice were all back with ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’
As we promised, we will come with some revelations, here we have two about the heroine Bhumi Pednekar.
9. Our Sandhya (Bhumi Pednekar) was not always the fat girl. She attained that 89 kilo weight after munching on a customised calorie-rich diet for around a year. It is another trend that the movie and the heroine set.
10. Bhumi was previously working assistant to YRF’s casting director Shanoo Sharma to helping aspiring actors with auditions.
Dum Laga Ke Haisha not only brought back sense, quality to Indian cinema, in our eyes it made the newer generation a fan of Yash Raj Films too. As they cannot digest the ‘Veer Zara’ types.
ARY NEWS SPECIAL