- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
ECC approves Ramazan package worth Rs 1.75bn
The approval was granted in ECC meeting held in Islamabad on Monday with Finance Minister Ishaq Dar in the chair.
The package will cover 22 essential items of use available at the Utility Store Corporation of Pakistan. The relief to consumers on different items ranges from Rs4 to Rs 50.
The ECC also approved the grant of tax exemption under the Gwadar Port Concession Agreement for Operation and Development of the Gwadar Port. A tax holiday shall be provided to businesses to be established in the free zone for a period of 23 years.
The ECC also granted approval for the allocation of 60MMCFD additional available gas from HRL (Habib Rahi Limestone) Reservoir of Mari Gas to Thermal Power Station Guddu (TPSG)/ GENCO- II.
On the occasion, Secretary Water and Power Younus Dagha informed the committee that as compared to May 2015, when the total power generation was 14,100MW, this year “we have optimised generation and took it to 16,300MW in the current month.”