- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
ECP issues of code of conduct for LG polls in Islamabad
Under the code, holding of public meetings or processions will be completely prohibited. However, candidates can arrange corner meetings with prior information to the local administration but not on major roads or streets and intersections.
The government leaders and officials would not directly or indirectly participate in the election campaign of any candidate. They would also not visit any union council and refrain from announcing any developmental scheme.
Meanwhile, scrutiny of nomination papers filed for the local Government elections in Islamabad began Monday, which will continue till Tuesday (June 30).
According to ECP, a total of 4,190 candidates have filed nomination papers for the polls.
Contesting candidates can withdraw their nomination papers on the 5th of next month. The final list of contesting candidates with their symbols will be issued on the 6th of next month.