- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated with religious fervour
Eid congregations were held at open places‚ mosques and Eidgahs in all major cities of the country.
The Ulema in their sermons highlighted the significance and philosophy of Eidul Fitr.
Prayers were also offered for security, progress and prosperity of the country.
Meanwhile‚ security was beefed up in different parts of the country including the federal capital to avoid any untoward incident on the auspicious occasion.
A large number of people including parliamentarians, ministers and diplomats of Islamic countries also offered eid prayers at the Faisal Mosque.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said this sacred occasion exhorts us to promote harmony with the aim to inculcate love and affection for each other.
Nawaz Sharif said we must also be cognizant of the sacrifices rendered by our valiant armed forces who are steadfastly and successfully defending the national objective of security and peace of our country.
He said we must also remember our martyrs who have sacrificed their lives so that the nation lives in peace and tranquility.
He also said we must bear in mind the travails experienced by the Pakistanis displaced from North Waziristan who will be constrained to celebrate Eid in their camps.