- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Enemies stoking terror to destabilize Pakistan: Gen Sharif
He was speaking at Centre of International Study in Rome to give Pakistani perspective on international security.
The Army Chief said for the world terrorism is a conflict but for Pakistan it is war for survival.
He said operation Zarb-e-Azb is a comprehensive concept against terrorism and it will ensure terror free Pakistan and the region. He said the operation has progressed well and now last few pockets are being cleared.
General Sharif said terrorists won’t be allowed to re-establish. He said through better border control with Afghanistan, these areas will be rebuilt.
He said Pakistan and Afghanistan are uniquely and inseparably placed and peace in one country is not possible without peace in the other. He said Pakistan is making sincere efforts for reconciliation but there is need to beware of detractors and spoilers who challenge both Pakistan and Afghanistan.