- China using animals to predict earthquakes: report
- Colombia turns to lie detectors to tackle government corruption
- Men at a Cambridge college allowed to wear skirts at formal dinners
- Escaped lion from flooded Georgia zoo kills man
- Free pizza for life helps close Portland real estate deal in hot market
- Paris to remove a million ‘love locks’
Escaped lion from flooded Georgia zoo kills man
“A lion from the Tbilisi zoo killed a man” near the capital’s central square, the spokeswoman told AFP. “Police special forces were deployed and are hunting down the animal.”
Georgian media said the lion had been hiding in a warehouse and escaped the citywide police search for the escaped animals, many of which were shot dead.
Floods hit Tbilisi on Sunday, killing at least 17 people and ravaging the city’s central districts including the zoo, where hundreds of animals — including lions, tigers, wolves and a hippo escaped.
Over half of the animals — some 300 species — either drowned in the muddy waters or were killed by police. – AFP