- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Eye-witness identifies MQM’s Umair Siddiqui in Rangers’ man murder case
The eye-witness identified the MQM worker before the judicial magistrate. The identity of the eye-witness was kept secret for security reasons.
Siddiqui was also an in-charge of MQM election cell.
In March this year, the paramilitary force had said in a statement that Umair Siddiqui was a key member of the ‘target-killing’ racket. The activist became part of a team when the MQM decided to carry out killings on ethnic grounds in 2008.
“The suspect has revealed that it was in 2008 when the party decided to expedite killings on ethnic grounds and for that deputy convener of the party Anis Qaimkhani chaired a meeting at Khursheed Memorial Hall,” the Rangers statement said.
“The meeting was attended by all sector in-charges of the party. The in-charge of the MQM’s Karachi Tanzeemi Committee, Hammad Siddiqui, also attended the meeting, during which directives were issued to expedite killings on ethnic grounds.”