- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Fazl apprises PM of progress in talks with MQM
Maulana Fazlur Rehman apprised the Prime Minister of the progress on his talks with MQM.
The Prime Minister appreciated the role of Maulana Fazlur Rehman regarding political harmony and reconciliation.
Later talking to media, Fazl said 19 demands of MQM have been submitted to the PM.
He told that next round of talks with MQM will be held in Islamabad. “Every party has right to present demands,” he added.
On Tuesday, the JUI-F chief had visited the MQM headquarters Nine Zero in Karachi to convince the party to withdraw its resignations.
In his meeting with the MQM, he urged the MQM leaders to find a way out and return to the parliament. In a press briefing after the meeting, he praised the ‘positive attitude’ from MQM Rabita Committee members and said it is hoped the MQM would continue the same approach.
On the occasion, MQM leader Farooq Sattar said his party would hold talks with the government officials in the next phase. He also hinted at clearing the air with the government.