Five shot dead in attack on Majlis in Nazimabad
KARACHI: Five people were shot dead in Nazimabad area of Karachi in an attack on a Majlis on Saturday, ARY News reported.
The incident took place near La Rosh Restaurant in Nazimabad No 04. Two unknown assailants riding a bike opened indiscriminate firing on the people in a street next to the restaurant. The apparent target of the attack was a Majlis of women in a tent outside a house.
All the dead are men, while six others, including a woman, are critically injured. The dead and injured have been shifted to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital for medico-legal formalities and medical treatment respectively.
Rangers and police have cordoned off the area. Site of the incident is at a stone’s throw away from a Rangers office and police station.
Governor Sindh Ishrat-ul-Ebad and Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah have taken notice of the incident and directed Inspector General Sindh Police to arrest the culprits forthright.
Investigation is underway into the incident. Shells of 9mm have been recovered from the site. IGP AD Khawaja said police was not pre-informed about the Majlis.
ARY News reporter Shahnawaz Shah said emergency had been imposed in Abbasi Shaheed Hospital.
Nisar, Bilawal condemn
Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Chairman Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Bilawal Bhutto Zardari condemned the firing attack on the Majlis in Nazimabad.
— PPP (@MediaCellPPP) October 29, 2016
Later, Director General Sindh Rangers Bilal Akbar visited location of the incident and assured to arrest the culprits.
While, Murad Shah visited the injured in a private hospital and announced that the Sindh government would bear expenses of the medical treatment.