- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Google doodle celebrates Pakistan Independence Day
Many of the Pakistanis hailed the Google move for creating a doodle to mark Independence Day of Pakistan.
This year’s doodle comes from the amazing Lahore Fort, locally referred to as Shahi Qila. It is a citadel in the city of Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. It is located in the northwestern corner of the Walled City of Lahore in Iqbal Park.
According to Google, doodles are the fun, surprising and sometimes spontaneous changes that are made to the Google logo to celebrate holidays, anniversaries and the lives of famous artists, pioneers and scientists.
It said the team has created over 2,000 doodles for our homepages around the world.
Google has been creating doodles for past some years. Most recent ones are as follows.