The sit-in leadership including Sarwat Aijaz Qadri, Pir Afzal Qadri and Shah Awais Noorani held talks with government committee comprising of Ishaq Dar, Khawaja Saad Rafique and Pir Aminul Hasnat.
The two sides reached a seven-point agreement:
- No amendment will be made to blasphemy laws
- Those engaged in peaceful protest will be released
- The ones convicted of blasphemy will not be spared
- Fourth schedule list will be reviewed and the names of innocents will be dropped from it
- Reversal of cases against clerics will be considered and examined
- In order to prevent airing of vulgar programmes on media, ulma will consult PEMRA with relative evidences
- Religious bodies will present recommendations to Ministry of Religious Affairs pertaining to the implementation of Nizam e Mustafa (PBUH)
ARY News receives copy of the negotiations made… by arynews
Moreover, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan will address a presser at 7 pm today. The press conference was earlier scheduled at 6.30 pm, it was however delayed due to talks between the two sides.