- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Attack on Wasim Akram’s car turns out to be road rage incident
The gunmen attacked Mr. Akram’s vehicle near Karsaz Road. However, he remained safe, said the sources.
Police said the information was being collected about the incident.
The cricketer called the police helpline and registered the complaint. However police have not yet confirmed it.
Speaking to media, the cricketer said a passing car struck his vehicle and an argument ensued. He explained that one of the riders emerged out of his car and opened fire. I have given the registration number of a vehicle (AEG-061) used by the assailants to the police, he informed.
He maintained that this incident had nothing to with security issue or country. He said such incidents take place anywhere, even in the developed countries. Referring to people who confronted with him, he regretted that “our people lack patience.”
He told he was heading to the National Stadium to take part in the camp set up by the Pakistan Cricket Board.
Sources said the attacker’s car is registered in the name of a government official.
According to Excise department website, the vehicle no. AEG-061 is registered with the name of Uzair Ahmed.
I strongly condemn the firing on Wasim Akram’s car in Karachi.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 5, 2015
I am glad to know Wasim Akram is safe. — Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 5, 2015