- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Islamic State threatens attacks in India
- Expatriates cannot leave UAE without paying traffic fine
- London mayor Sadiq Khan invites trump to meet his family
- North, South Korea reach agreement to halt tensions
- Islamic State attacks kill 51 Syrian soldiers in north: monitor
Hackers target Polish airline LOT, ground 1,400 passengers
The attack occurred at around 4:00 pm local time (1500 GMT), and targeted the airline’s ground operations system, it said in a statement.
The incident, which led to the cancellation of 10 flights departing from Warsaw, was resolved by 9:00 pm.
“This is the first attack of its kind,” LOT spokesman Adrian Kubicki told TVN 24 television.
The airline said in a statement on its website that the “IT attack” meant it was unable to create flight plans and flights were not able to depart from Warsaw.
Poland’s security agencies were investigating the attack- AFP