- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Heat wave deaths: PM to visit Karachi tomorrow
It is the PM’s first visit to the city since heat wave wreaked havoc in the metropolis.
After peaking at around 45 degrees Celsius (113 Fahrenheit) last weekend, the heat has subsided to the mid-30s and the city’s customary cooling sea breeze has started up, bringing relief to its 20 million inhabitants.
At times this week the city’s morgues struggled to cope with the influx of the dead, many of whom were elderly, destitute or drug addicts.
The Edhi Foundation, a welfare group based inKarachi, on Friday buried 50 bodies that no relatives had come forward to claim.