Delicious and yummy Dahi Baray, are dumplings made from Moong and mash dhal (lentils) and then soaked in yoghurt sauce, a simple and traditional snack for Ramadan.
- Yellow lentils (mong lentil) 1 cup
- White lentils (mash lentil )1/2 cup
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Dry ginger (saunth) 1/2 tsp
- Onion (chopped) 1
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Yoghurt 4 cup
- Water 1-2 cup
- Salt as to taste
- Sugar 3 tbsp
- Chaat spice 2 tbsp
- Grind together yellow lentils, white lentils and cumin.
- Also grind dry ginger, onion and baking soda together.
- Mix them all well.
- Make bara balls and fry them till golden.
- Add yoghurt in a bowl.
- Now add some water, salt, sugar and chaat spice in it.
- Mix the yoghurt mixture well.
- Add theses balls in yoghurt mixture.