- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Inadvertent or targeted: PTI blames Punjab govt for attack on Wasim Akram in Karachi
Pakistan cricket legend Wasim Akram’s vehicle was ‘shot at’ yesterday evening in Karachi, which was later turned out to be a road rage incident.
But a press statement issued from the PTI media cell blamed the ‘worsening’ security situation of Punjab – contrary to the fact that incident occurred in Karachi.
The statement accused the Punjab government of focusing on getting political mileage instead of resolving public issues.
The PTI release didn’t end here. The party even demanded of the Punjab government to investigate the incident and ensure proper security to citizens.
Interesting to note that the Imran Khan-led PTI remained mum over its indefensible blame to the Punjab government for the attack that took place in Karachi. PTI clarification could’ve helped clear the mistake as “inadvertent”.