- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Indian army warns Pakistan of “unexpected damages”
“There are certain elements across the border who want to create trouble on the Line of Control… we have to give them certain unexpected damage to so that they don’t repeat it in future,” said Lieutenant General KH Singh, who commands the 16 Corps.
The officer claimed that Pakistan started shelling and firing on villages in the Poonch sector in Jammu on Saturday on Eid because India had managed to stop terrorists from crossing the border just two days before that. Five civilians were injured in the area.
“One girl was killed on the Pakistan side – we regret the incident. The Pakistani army also suffered major damages. They chose the Eid day to retaliate and targeted our civilian areas after Eid prayers,” he alleged.