Mastoi, an Assignment Editor of ARY News, was killed in Quetta on August 28, last year.
Provincial Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti in a press conference produced two accused before the media and said that the accused were affiliated with secessionist group Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA).
The videotape of the confession of the accused was also played in the news conference.
The minister said that the security agencies were being accused of the killing of Irshad Mastoi and some other notables but the arrest of the culprits has proved the allegations baseless.
Bugti further said that the two accused have also confessed murder of Habib Jalib Baloch, the former secretary general of Balochistan National Party (BNP).
The minister said that a plan was being hatched for the murder of JUI Balochistan’s leader Hafiz Hamdullah.