- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
K-Electric solely responsible for power outages in Karachi: ministers
“K-Electric is responsible for shortage of electricity in Karachi while Ministry of Water and Power is supplying 650MW electricity to Karachi.”
In a statement in Islamabad, he said 93% urban and 86% rural areas are being provided uninterrupted electricity.
He said situation is returning to normal and loadshedding is being controlled gradually.
The federal complaint cell is also operating round the clock for ratification of technical faults.
Meanwhile, Minister for State Abid Sher Ali has also blamed the K-Electric for power crisis in Karachi. The minister went on to say that the power utility had even badly failed in discharging its responsibilities.