- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Khalid Shamim opens up about Imran Farooq murder
As reported by ARY News Islamabad Bureau Chief Sabir Shakir, Shamim confessed that the murder plot was hatched in London according to which he met the two murderer suspects Mohsin and Kashif in a hotel in Karachi.
Later he made the two boys meet Moazzam Ali, the alleged facilitator in Farooq’s murder.
Shamim further said that Mohsin and Kashif were given a huge amount in return of murder and the duo used to send him an email daily besides making two calls on his phone. The correspondence was done regarding Imran Farooq’s daily routine and the progress on the plan as both the boys kept a close watch on Farooq’s movements.
Shamim who is also a Water Board employee told the investigators that the whole plan included the murder of Mohsin and Kashif and the removal of Moazzam’s BlackBerry data once Imran Farooq is dead.
MQM leader Imran Farooq was found murdered near his home in North London on 16 September 2010. The murder took place at 5:30 p.m. GMT as Farooq was returning home after finishing work at a local pharmacy.
Pakistani and British authorities are reportedly working jointly to find the actual culprits behind his murder.