- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Khwaja Asif says Sindh govt “responsible” for Karachi heatwave deaths
Speaking in the National Assembly today, the minister said the responsibility of providing electricity to consumers in Karachi rests with K-Electric. He said 650 MW is being provided to the K-Electric keeping in view of the difficulties of the people of the provincial metropolis.
He, however, said that this private entity owes fifty seven billion rupees to Sui Southern, Sui Northern and the PSO.
The minister said that no load shedding is being carried out during Sehr and Iftar timings, as per the promise made by the Prime Minister.
He said that five hour load shedding is being carried out in the urban areas and eight hours in rural areas.