The benchmark KSE 100-Index has witnessed positive change of 0.71 per cent and closed the trading day at 30593.31 points.
High and Low were 30704.95 and 30376.53 respectively.
Total volume traded in the market was 256,133,755 and in terms of value it was 13,762,515,284.
Total traded companies were 388, among them 257 advanced, 113 declined while 18 went unchanged.
Top Three Traders
- Maple Leaf Cement with a volume of 19,112,500 and price per share of 31.24 (1.43).
- Pak Elektron with a volume 17,013,500 of price per share of 29.69 (1.35).
- Ghani Automobile with a volume 11,462,500 of price per share of 6.88 (0.86).
Top Three Advancers
- Unilever Foods with price per share 9050.00 (350.00).
- Siemens Pakistan with price per share of 1110.37 (52.87).
- Service Ind.Ltd XD share of 1063.78 (46.98).
Top Three Decliners
- Rafhan Maize with price per share of 10850.00 (-385.00).
- Sanofi-Aventis with price per share of 730.00 (-35.00).
- Indus Dyeing per share of 750.00 (-31.00).
After the weekend and Ashura Holidays investors came up with the boosted confidence as Construction and Materials remained at the top in trading followed by Household Goods.
AFP adds that according to analysts the falling inflation and commodity prices as well as an easing of political tensions are the causes behind the progress.
AFP quoted Mohammad Sohail, the chief executive officer of Topline Securities as saying that “Now the investors’ focus has shifted towards economic matters from the political affairs of the country.”