- MQM’s Qamar Mansoor taken to hospital for medical check up
- Four terror suspects killed in shootout with Rangers
- Beware Karachi: Met office forecasts 120 mm rainfall
- Eight die by electrocution in Karachi during rainfall
- Rangers arrest two MQM leaders in Nine Zero raid
- Citizens lambaste K.E. as Karachi suffers fourth major power breakdown in a week
KWSB to get its own anti-encroachment cell
In order to recover occupied lands owned by the authority, local government has approved a summary prepared by the KWSB for ts own anti-encroachment cell and police station.
The summary has been sent to Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah and is awaiting the CM’s approval.
Sources say that the water board has a number of its properties occupied by land mafia, forcing the authority to develop a strategy to recover its property. The authority also requires police to provide security to its establishments and equipment across the city.
The summary sent to CM says that availability of dedicated police force will help the authority improve its performance like K-Electric, KMC and Pakistan Railways.