International

Man suffers severe burns after iPhone 6 exploded in his pocket

I PHONE FEATURED

MELBOURNE: A cyclist had suffered a terrible fate in Sydney when his cellphone mysteriously exploded inside his pocket, causing him severe burn injuries in his leg.

The Sydney cyclist was then forced to undergo graft surgery after the incident, reported the Yahoo News.

Bondi mountain-biker Gareth Clear, 36, was cycling around Manly Dam on Sunday afternoon when he stacked his bike.
I PHONE POST 2

Mr Clear fell from his bike, landing on his iPhone 6. Moments later he noticed the smell of smoke, and felt a “searing heat”. This was all the warning he received before the phone ignited.

The explosion melted through Mr Clear’s shorts and two layers of his skin.

I PHONE POST 1

Following the phone burst, his upper right thigh was so severely burnt he was forced to undergo skin graft surgery at the burns unit of the Royal North Shore Hospital.

BIKE POST 1

Mr Clear said he could see the metal of the phone “bending” and “all the lithium leaking out of the bottom end [of the phone].” He insisted the accident was a “one-in-a-million” occurrence.

“I hit a part of the phone which pierced the lithium battery and it exploded,” he explained.

I PHONE POST 3

Mr. Clear said he would request the Apple to investigate the incident.

It’s expected Mr Clear will be house bound for a week, but could take “weeks” to recover fully. The man had bought the phone around six months ago.

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top