Karachi

Memon advises MQM to stop blame game over water crisis

KARACHI: Sindh Minister for information and local bodies Sharjeel Inam Memon said that Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) should find a solution to the water crisis in the city instead of resorting to blame game, ARY News reported on Thursday.

Commenting on MQM MNA Farooq Sattar’s press conference over the water shortage in Karachi, Memon said that Sindh government is taking all possible measures to provide water to the citizens of Karachi and a separate complaint cell has been formed in Water Board for the purpose.

“Government of Sindh is aware of the problems of people of Karachi”, said Memon.

The provincial minister further informed media that a committee has also been set up for the adequate distribution of water. Commissioner Karachi Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui will lead the committee.

Moreover a plan for the supply of 65 mgd water has been started along with the present K-IV and Dhabeji pumping station projects.

Earlier in a press conference, MQM leader Farooq Sattar blamed the Sindh govt for water crisis in Karachi while warning that the crisis can trigger ethnic riots in the city.

Sattar claimed that Chief Minister of Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah and Sharjeel Memon are responsible for ‘artificial’ water shortage in metropolis.

He claimed that citizens of Karachi are being punished for supporting the MQM.

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top