- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Military operation in North Waziristan is about to end, says DG ISPR
Speaking exclusively to ARY News, the Director General Inter-Services Public Relations said the leadership of proscribed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan will either be arrested or eliminated. The TTP leadership is currently hiding in Afghanistan, he added.
The nation is united to defeat terrorists and menace of terrorism, said Major General Bajwa.
He told that several areas of NWA had been rid of militants. He added military operation is under way is tribal areas to destroy remaining hideouts of militants.
“It’s now no more easy for militants to carry out foul plays”.
Some measures, he said, are being taken at government and political level to improve the situation.