Balochistan

Mirza owns his statement, offers help in other cases: sources

MACHH/QUETTA/KARACHI: Death row convict, Saulat Mirza has said that he is firm on the stance he took in his video statement, which had shaken the entire political landscape nearly a month ago, ARY News reported citing sources.

According to details, a joint investigation team (JIT) questioned Mirza at Machh prison on Wednesday.

Our correspondent Kamil Arif told that the team held three different sessions with the condemned inmate.

“Officials inquired Mirza about his earlier recorded statement and that was he pressurized to speak all that, to which the convict replied that he owns the statement and is firm on the stance he took,” Arif told citing sources.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Read: Saulat Mirza spills ‘target killing’ beans

Read: Babar Ghauri denies giving orders to Saulat Mirza

——————————————————————————————————————————————

The convict made further revelations with respect to target killing and named some more people.

Saulat Mirza reportedly proposed the officials to help resolve some cases under investigation by the law enforcement agencies (LEAs).

The process of interviewing the prisoner stopped after the third session, which will recommence tomorrow.

ARY News correspondent Abdullah Magsi exclusively reported from outside the Machh prison that the JIT officials questioned Saulat Mirza for around six hours, while the entire process was also recorded.

He added that the officials are analyzing Mirza’s statement from different angles, while the process of questioning will again start tomorrow.

The team after questioning the inmate returned to Quetta.

Earlier in the morning, the JIT headed by DIG Ameer Sheikh had arrived at the Machh prison to interview the condemned prisoner with stern security measures in place.

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top