- MQM’s Qamar Mansoor taken to hospital for medical check up
- Four terror suspects killed in shootout with Rangers
- Beware Karachi: Met office forecasts 120 mm rainfall
- Eight die by electrocution in Karachi during rainfall
- Rangers arrest two MQM leaders in Nine Zero raid
- Citizens lambaste K.E. as Karachi suffers fourth major power breakdown in a week
Eid-ul-Azha: More than 18000 policemen to perform special duties in Karachi
According to a notification issued by Sindh Police, 9146 policemen will perform duties outside the city’s 3187 mosques, 230 Imam Bargahs (Shia mosque) and 447 Eidgahs while 2412 cops will secure hide collection centers.
Additionally 6628 law enforcement personnel will perform their duties securing 1274 other important places. Important establishments and busy thorougfares will also be patrolled.
Moreover, special police reporting centers are being established across the city. The police notification encourages citizens to report any criminal activity including forcible or illegal collection of hides.
All the welfare organisations collecting hides of sacrificial animals are advised through the notification that their volunteers must keep their identity cards and the N.O.C. issued by deputy commissioner.