- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
MQM leader Amir Khan sent on physical remand
The MQM leader was presented at the ATC today amid heavy security.
The court sent Khan on seven-day remand to Azizabad Police. He is facing charges under sections 11-B, 21 of the Anti-Terrorism Act, for abetting and harbouring terrorists.
A large number of MQM supporters and activists were present at the court to welcome their party leader.
Upon Khan’s arrival, workers chanted slogans in favour of their leader.
Rangers on March 12 had raided the office of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) headquarters Nine Zero, and arresting activists. Amir Khan was also among those arrested in the raid.
Subsequently, Rangers had taken several MQM activists into 90-day detention for interrogation.