Karachi

MQM worker arrested for allegedly attacking ARY office on August 22

ary

KARACHI: Law enforcement agencies said on Monday they have arrested a Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) worker for allegedly attacking ARY News bureau office in Karachi in August, ARY News reported.

Authorities acted after carefully examining footage they retrieved from a closed-circuit camera and arrested the MQM’s worker from Korangi No. 4 during a search operation today (Monday).

Officials said Tariq was allegedly involved in the August 22 attack aimed at ARY News bureau office in the busy area of Saddar in Karachi.

As per the last information obtained by ARY News, the suspect was being investigated on the matter while raids were also being conducted in the metropolis to arrest his remaining partners in crime.


Also Read: Rangers raid MQM headquarters after attack on ARY News


At least one person was killed while several others wounded when MQM’s founder Altaf Hussain, who has been living in London for more than 20 years, ordered party workers and supporters during a telephonic address to attack media houses including ARY News for reportedly not covering their hunger strike camp last month in Karachi.

On August 22, a furious mob of hundreds of MQM workers clashed with police and ransacked ARY News Karachi bureau.  The attack later created a chaotic situation across the port city.

During the same address, Hussain also made intolerable anti-Pakistan statements, which angered the whole country including his party leadership in the country.

Later Hussain’s second-in-command Dr Farooq Sattar had to ‘completely disowned’ party founder’s statements on behalf of MQM.

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top